Taken from a thick blue notebook filled with the poet’s handwritten reflections, memories, and imagery, “Matters in My Mind” is a collection of semi-autobiographical poems detailing the many moments and quests individuals face throughout a lifetime. The poems address both pleasant and painful memories, and special people, some who might be gone but still have left indelible imprints.
The book poses questions to ponder in quiet moments, and delves into a myriad of topics including:
• Surviving the human existence and all its dimensions
• Finding love and losing it, only to find it once again
• Pursuing inner peace and tranquility to remain balanced in an unbalanced world
• Striving to connect with and learn from nature
• Living a meaningful life while accepting the inevitability of death
Each poem will spark a different response, serving as a springboard for readers to reflect on their own past experiences, current lives, and dreams for the future. Perhaps the book’s readers have blue notebooks of their own….